Our New Family July 2010

Our New Family July 2010
Our New Family

About our family...

Our family started on June 2, 2000. We have been married 10 years. We have three boys (Drake 5, Warner 4, & Henry). Michael is the Executive Director of Utah Shared Access Alliance (USA-ALL) and a state lobbyist. I am a registered nurse, and a third-year law student at BYU. Drake is starting Kindergarten in the fall, and Warner is getting ready to start pre-school in the fall. Henry arrived July 7, 2010. Henry was diagnosed with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and passed away, after 32 hours, on July 9, 2010. This blog provided updates on what was going on with Henry, and gives a little insight into our thoughts through the challenges we faced during his birth and death.







Be sure to read "The day we found out our baby has HLHS," under must read blogs, and if you want more info about HLHS there is a link in the right column that is a brochure from Mayo Clinic about HLHS.







Monday, May 10, 2010

Michael's Shorter End of the Stick

Last night, after the kids were in bed, Michael and I were spending some time together. The baby was kicking and moving around a lot (a common occurrence - he runs around in my tummy while I try to rest or sleep). I reached out for Michael’s hand and placed it on my tummy. Sometimes I forget that maybe Michael is getting the shorter end of the stick when dealing with the loss of this baby. Every day I get to feel the baby move and I think of him often and Michael does not get to feel the baby move or kick. I could tell as his hand laid on my tummy that this was really hard for him. A thoughtful sorrow enveloped his emotion as he continued to feel our baby move inside my tummy. It is now only a few weeks until we get to hopefully hold our baby, but also only a few weeks away until the baby stops moving, stops growing, stops living. It is difficult for me to witness my husband, a father, deal with the fact that he only has a few more weeks to feel the movements and enjoy his baby son before he is taken from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment